RULES OF ENTRY
1. Entrants must submit (per entry): all items on the ENTRY CHECKLIST. Entrants must provide all the information requested on the Official Entry Form or risk disqualification. If disqualified, the entry fee will not be refunded. No submitted scripts will be returned. Acknowledgment of each submission will be sent to the email address that you provide. Once submission has been received, no alterations of the submission is permissible.
2. Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter the contest. Misrepresentation of age, upon discovery, will forfeit entry and fees to the contest.
3. Submissions must be in US Motion Picture industry standard screenplay format and approximately 87-130 pages in length. Submissions with a page length greater than 130 pages will be charged an extra fee. Work must be in English.
4. All entries must be the original, and unpublished, un-produced, un-optioned work of the entrant. The entrant ensures that he or she is the sole author of the work and that it does not infringe on any existing copyright. Additionally, the rights to the submitted screenplay must not have been previously optioned or sold.
5. All entrants shall retain the rights to their submitted scripts.
6. Entries must be spiritually uplifting. A detailed definition of this is located within the GUIDELINES and CRITERIA, but simply put, entries must refer implicitly and/or explicitly to biblical principles, values and virtues, and/or refer specifically to the Bible. Preference, however (especially regarding the final decision of the judges), will be given to works that are explicitly biblical in some important way.
7. Collaborative work is accepted. One of the writing partners should be selected as the prime contact. Writing partners selected as winners will divide the award equally. Entrants must read, understand and accept all items on the RELEASE STATEMENT posted on the web site (kairosprize.com). It is implicitly understood that the receipt of entrant’s submission signifies such understanding and acceptance.
9. Entrants are prohibited from contacting the judges during the competition. Any entrant who attempts to contact a judge will be disqualified and their entry fee forfeited. The decision of the judges is final.
10. Movieguide® accepts no liability whatsoever for any claims of damages, real or perceived, by any entrant(s) as a result of their participation in this contest.
11. Entry fees will not be returned under any circumstances.
12. All winners are responsible for their own U.S. income tax withholding.
13. Employees and contractors of Movieguide® and their families are prohibited from entering this contest. Judges, family members, and coworkers of the judges are also prohibited.
14. Because all Kairos Prize® Finalists are read by entertainment industry professional’s and receive exposure during and after the contest, from the date your script was submitted and for the duration of three years, in the event your script is sold, The Kairos Prize shall receive 6% of the purchase price in order to fund the continuation of the screenwriting contest. It should be noted that the Kairos Prize is part of a not-for-profit 501(c)3 company, Good News Communications, Inc.
15. The interpretation and adherence of these rules are left to the judges’ discretion, and the decisions made by the judges on all matters are final and may not be challenged.
16. Entrants, who pay to receive an analysis of their script from an anonymous judge, may only do so once. The analysis received is for the scriptwriter’s personal use only and may not be published or shared. If changes are made to the script, and you would like to re-enter it, you may do so, but you must pay the entry fee again, and the Kairos Prize cannot guarantee that your script will be re-read by the same judge. The entrant may not challenge the analysis of the judge.