MOVIGUIDE® IS PROUD TO PRESENT THE 12TH ANNUAL KAIROS PRIZE FOR SPIRITUALLY UPLIFTING SCREENPLAYS.
This year the prize is awarded to two winning screenwriters (One first time screen writer, and one professional) who will be recognized in the presence of the top mass media of entertainment leaders, producers and talent at the 25th Annual MOVIEGUIDE® Awards Gala and Report to the Entertainment Industry on February 10, 2017.
In addition to the prizes, key entertainment industry studio executives will review the winning scripts. The Kairos Prize has generated a tremendous amount of interest over the last 11 years. That interest continues to grow based on the caliber of scripts Kairos has attracted.
TWO PRIZES ARE AWARDED THIS YEAR:
FIRST TIME SCREEN WRITER GRAND WINNER
PROFESSIONAL SCREEN WRITER GRAND WINNER
1. Names and log lines of the winner and all finalists will be announced via press release to the media, trade publications, studios, and more than 1,000 agents and producers and will be posted at www.movieguide.org, which is viewed by more than 1.5 million people a year!
2. Key entertainment industry studio executives will review the winning script and/or hold a pitch meeting with their creative development team and the winning screenwriters. It is understood that it is up to the studio to decide whether or not to option and produce the script. As an alternative, the script will be submitted to primary independent producers.
3. A prize package from InkTip.com to include: InkTip Script Listing: A 6-month listing of your script on InkTip so that producers and reps can find you and InkTip Magazine: Publication of your logline in InkTip’s bi-monthly publication sent to 4,000+ producers, agents and managers. InkTip helps writers sell their scripts and get representation. Producers have made more than 200 films from scripts and writers they found through InkTip.
4. One discounted registration in a comprehensive MOVIEGUIDE® sponsored Screenwriters Workshop.
5. One free SO YOU WANT TO BE IN PICTURES book and one Linda Seger Book of your choice.